Monday, July 27, 2009

Major Milestones!

Well, here we are again...posting much later than I wanted to, but I just can't seem to find the time to update everyone.  And when I do have a little free time, honestly, I just want to lay down and do nothing! :)

A lot has happened since we last talked.  The biggest thing, is that Kayden is now saying, "mama," and "dada."  It is absolutely precious.  She's been saying, "dadadada" for quite a while now, but just started saying "mamama" a couple of days ago. She said it when I was trying to feed her and she didn't want to eat. She reached her arms out and firmly said "MAMAMAMA!" Like quit trying to feed me! I don't want to eat! :) It was precious and she'll get anything she wants when she says it! :)

She is also reaching for people when she wants them.  This, along with "Mamama," melts my heart every time! :) She can pretty much get everything she wants!

She has also started sleeping a little better through the night.  Now when I say better, I mean waking up less than 8-10 times a night! Last night, she only woke up twice and slept for a 5 1/2 hour stretch.  I felt great today! :) Kayden is almost on straight formula now. She has about 3/4 formula mixed with 1/4 breast milk in each bottle, but we'll probably run out of the breast milk within a week. I am anxious to see if the formula helps her sleep better.  She is on Nutramigen formula, which is made for babies with sensitive tummies due to milk allergies and colic.  It is VERY expensive, but I truly think it is helping.  We'll keep you updated on that!

Kayden also reached another milestone this past week.  She learned how to pull up!  It is so exciting and she is so proud of herself! I got a video of her pulling up onto her toy piano.  She now spends most of the day pulling up and standing...up, down, up down...all day long! :)

Every time I go in to get her out of her crib after a nap, or in the mornings, she is standing up just staring at the door waiting for me to come in.  She also is now patting my back when I hold her to get her to sleep. I've always patted her and she is now patting me as well.  She has actually been doing it for quite sometime now, but just recently has started doing it every time I hold her to get her ready for bed.  It's very sweet!

I got her a ride on car that also has a handle on the back that she can pull up on and walk with to encourage her walking. I got it out for her today, but it may take a little while for her to realize all that she can do with it!

So far, I think this is the best stage!  I love the fact that Kayden can interact with me and can express more of what she wants and needs.  It's not as much of a guessing game.  She loves to play roll the ball with her Daddy, which I also got a video of.  He will roll the ball to her and she just laughs and actually does very well with catching it.  Of course she is not rolling it back yet, but I'm sure that won't be too far off!

I took Kayden to the doctor last week, because her eye was draining.  Her pediatrician said that she still has the clogged tear duct, and is having me massage it several times a day, as well as rub an antibiotic ointment in it.  I am really hoping that this clears up on it's own.  Her doctor said that some babies don't outgrow the clogged tear duct and have to have surgery to open it up. We're praying that it goes away on it's own.  She is also cutting her 5th and 6th teeth, although I can't be sure of which ones exactly, because she just won't let me get my finger in there! :) Stubborn little thing!

Overall, everything is going great and Kayden is just a happy and healthy little girl.  She will be  7 1/2 months on Saturday...can you believe it?! 

Until next time....
(new videos posted to youtube. go to youtube.com and type "mommy2kayden" in the search box).

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear about her formula switch and how well it's working! I know the feeling of finally getting sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete