Friday, May 15, 2009

Mostly Kayden


So I decided instead of sending out emails every week and filling up everyone's inboxes with huge pictures, I'd create a blog where I could upload videos, pictures and update everyone as to what's been going on all in one place.  I'm a new blogger, so it might take me awhile to get the hang of this! :)

Today is Friday, May 15th, and tomorrow Kayden will be 5 months old! I cannot believe how fast the time is going!  She is getting to be such a big girl!  Yesterday I took her into the pediatrician, because I thought she may have an ear infection. Turns out, it was just a sign of her teething. She's still working on those top teeth. Boy will we be glad when they finally break through. She hasn't slept through the night since who knows when and I am EXHAUSTED!!! But it's all well worth it! :)

At the doctor's visit, they weighed Kayden and much to their surprise, as well as mine, she had gained almost 2 whole pounds since her last check up which was only 4 weeks ago. She now weighs 17 pounds and 8 ounces. She's a good eater! We started her on rice cereal when she hit 4 months and now have her on bananas as well. She likes it most of the time. I've been trying to feed her solids twice a day, and sometimes we're successful and other times not so much!

I also started her on one bottle of formula a day. She's still getting breast milk the rest of the day, but I needed to free up a little bit of my time from pumping so much. She seems to like it alright, but I think it may be giving her gas, so we may have to play around with it a little bit.

She played in her Johnny Jump Up for the first time today and is still really unsure about it, but seems to like it okay. Here is a video of her in it:


I am going to try and update this blog at least once a week, if not more. Just whenever I get some time. I hope everyone has a great weekend...here's hoping for a little rain!

2 comments: