Sunday, May 24, 2009

Busy Baby

Well I'm not sure when I'm going to find the time to do this! I thought I'd have time to update this blog, but it seems that I have a very busy baby! So we'll see how often I get to update. I'm shooting for once a week! : )

Kayden is 5 months and 8 days old today. This past Friday, she learned how to sit up by herself. She started by propping herself up with her hands, and can now sit completely straight up without having to hold herself up. Such a big girl! And she's so proud of herself! : )


We went to church this morning, and Kayden almost made it through the whole service without getting upset. She loves to listen to the singing. We spent the last few minutes of the service in the nursery showing off our new tricks to the other little kids!



Mommy bought Kayden a pink and green polka dotted swim suit this weekend, and we can't wait to try it out this week. Mimi surprised Kayden with a yellow swimming pool today and we filled it up and are letting the water warm up a little before testing it out tomorrow. We took Kayden outside and let her put her feet in and she just kicked and kicked! I bet she'll have a lot of fun in the pool! More to come...

Kayden still hasn't cut her top teeth yet, and I've been saying it for over a month now, but I don't think it'll be long now. She is really grinding those gums together and we had to give her tylenol tonight.  She seemed to be in a lot of pain. Poor thing. She's still waking up 4 or 5 times a night, so Mommy's only been getting around 4 hours of sleep or so every night for the past 5 weeks now. I'm exhausted, and am amazed at how little sleep a Mommy can function on! Kayden's going to be so cute with her two top and bottom teeth in! Can't wait!

We introduced Kayden to sweet potatoes this weekend, and she loved them. There actually isn't anything that she hasn't not liked yet though. Her favorites are applesauce and sweet potatoes, but she's also eating rice cereal, bananas and green peas. She's a good little eater! : )



Nick has the whole week off this week, and I am very excited. He had so much fun the last time he had a week off just playing and spending time with Kayden. I'm excited, because I'll get some much needed rest (hopefully) and help during the day! Plus Kayden loves her Daddy, so I'm excited for her to get to spend more time with him!

Should be a busy week. We are going to try to take Kayden out to eat at a "sit down" restaurant to practice for the wedding rehearsal dinner that we have coming up in a couple of weeks. We also plan on going to the park and pool and just having a good time together as a little family. 


We are really enjoying watching our little Kayden grow up and learn new things everyday. She makes us laugh and keeps us busy, busy.

Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried introducing her to oatmeal cereal yet? I introduced it to Hayden this morning and he was getting heavy-eyed in his high chair. I googled oatmeal/sleep and learned that it has certain sleep inducing properties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm...that's very interesting!!! I will most definitely try that!!
    We've only tried the rice cereal!

    ReplyDelete